Porcelain Solid Color & Molded Pieces
Properly selected trim tile gives any installation a clean line and facilitates cleaning. The most common types of functional (as opposed to decorative) trim tile are:
• Bullnose – Rounded top edge used as the last tile in a wall installation that doesn’t extend to the ceiling or up to the cabinet line, or to turn an outside edge. A bullnose for a mud-set installation has a deeper curve than that for thin-set. A double bullnose has two rounded edges to navigate a corner.
• Cove – Curved concavely to join flush with floor tile or form an inside corner.
• Bead – A narrow, convexly curved piece designed to turn an outside corner.
• Inside corner – a thin piece that curves concavely to handle an inside corner.
• Base trim – Curved concavely on the bottom to meet flush with floor tile and with a bullnose at the top for a lean finish.. Also called a round-top cove base.
• V-cap – Curved edge used on the front edge of a counter to prevent spillage. Also known as counter trim or no-drip counter edge.
• Quarter round – Used to create continuity where 90 degree angles occur.
• Half round – Thin semi cylindrical pieces used as decorative accents or to frame or separate areas.
• Windowsill – Also known as step nosing, used to provide a rounded surface where two planes meet at a windowsill or stair tread.
from: Tiles: choosing, design and living with ceramic tile
Talavera tiles have many creators among Mexican tile companies, but only Latin Accents offers both artistic handcrafted porcelain tile and traditional clay body ceramic tile for use in all climates and all installations. Porcelain pool tile that is tested to be frost resistant or for stair riser accent tile, outdoor kitchen tile decoration, retaining wall tile or for use in fountains are possible with our unique exterior tile creations. Similarly it can be used as decorative tile for kitchen backsplashes, bathroom sink and tile, and as floor tile accents.
Latin Accents' traditional ceramic clay body for use indoors or in mild climates, are made of handcrafted tile bodies for a more rustic look. Our talavera tile designs are almost entirely uniquely ours. Latin Accents' Catalina tile line has been created to complement as accent tile, patios of natural stone, terra cotta and earth toned ceramics, bringing a new direction to the Mexican talavera tile tradition.
Printing and website color representation was submitted as accurate as possible but variation can occur in its final form. Variation is inherent in all material. Please request samples to verify color range.